The You That Only You Know

    It's so hard to pick the perfect opening line for a blog, you know? There are so many ideas running through your head, but you just can't choose one. So, I decided to start with this line instead—made things easier for me to at least get going XD. But yeah, I mean, I can bet there’s been a moment in your life when you wished they truly knew you—the real you, not just the version they’ve seen. You’re not alone in this, trust me, we’ve all had that thought at some point. So, let me explain it to you in a "graphical" way, with my pictures added in for no particular reason (Tbh, there were reasons behind it. Like, my glasses pic will show the smart, innocent me, the angry young man pic will capture whatever the heck I was, and the stoic one... well, you'll see)

So.......


I hope you read the picture above :) But yeah, I hope you got what I’m trying to say...still, let me explain it a bit more.

00-16 (School):I don’t know if anyone reading this knew me back then (tbh, I don’t even know if anyone will actually read this, lol, but here we are) I was all about studying. I used to top my exams consistently and I loved it so much that during power cuts, I would study under candlelight! That’s pretty much all I did...no extracurriculars, no sports, just study. So, people back then saw me as this quiet, introverted kid who barely spoke and just smiled all the time (living up to my name, you know—'हर्षवर्धन,' the one who smiles and spreads joy :)

16-22 (College): Puberty hit and everything about me changed. I made more friends, did stupid things, and got into all kinds of nonsense...everything except studying. People who knew me during this time saw me as careless, carefree, immature, and pretty dumb at studies. I was underestimated a lot and to be fair, they weren’t wrong.

Now (22-24): I’m nothing like I was in either of those phases. Now, I just keep myself busy with work, play games, do nerdy stuff and follow my hobbies. Nothing extraordinary, but that’s me now. People who’ve only known me recently have a completely different image of me.

And one important thing: I’m not saying the people who thought less of me were wrong. They were right in their own way because they only saw a part of me...not the full picture.

I used to feel bad about this back in college, especially when I heard stuff about myself. One thing that really stuck with me was when I secured a placement during campus drives. I found out later that people were saying things like, 'How did he get placement?' At the time, I thought, These guys don’t even know me, so why are they making comments like this? But after thinking it through, I realized it’s not their fault. They were just judging based on what they had seen of me. So, it’s okay! I get it now.

You’ll always be someone’s hero, someone’s villain, someone’s favorite person and someone’s least favorite. To some, you’ll be the smartest guy they know,and to others, the dumbest :)
For me, I’ve been seen as the nerdy, studious kid who couldn’t stop studying, the careless college guy who barely cared about anything, the misunderstood guy who people underestimated and now the quiet, work-focused person who keeps to himself, does some nerdy stuff and follows his own path.
Different people, different phases and completely different versions of me.

So yeah, I mean, we can only hope and try to be the best version of ourselves in every phase. See ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships Are So Underrated

From Thoughts to Strength