Relationships Are So Underrated

 


So I had to make this blog and write down or vent it out, so whoever reads it(rarely someone reads these but still, just in case). And don’t take this lightly. I mean, if a guy like me, who's the most introverted, who lives in his own world, is talking about relationships, then you must pay attention. Not gonna blabber useless stuff in this post and it’s gonna be short.

I am what a definition of introvert defines. Always had a few people in my life since the start and those few were also because of course.. family and close friends. I always preferred being alone in solitude even before I knew what these things are. Being in solitude isn’t an issue. It’s really good if you genuinely want to know yourself, wondering about everything there is. Now I don’t mind traveling alone, eating alone, doing things alone.

But that day, it suddenly struck me out of nowhere.... is it that I love being alone or is it that I know, deep in my mind, that I haven’t ever done my duties? Being a good son? Or maybe I’m not an ideal friend, was I really a terrible boyfriend?, wasn’t a good grandson? Is it that deep down I knew I always failed doing my part in all the relationships, but instead of accepting that, I ran from them? Hoping it wouldn’t bother me? But oh boy, how wrong I was...

It struck me that day, I haven’t had a genuine interaction or exchange with someone close to me. If I’m mindlessly pursuing my own interests, are those even worth it? If I get what I want, what’s the point of it if there’s no one I could even share it with? You know now where I’m getting...

I’ll be 25 years old in just a few days. Why did I take so long to understand this basic thing, that what makes us humans is the importance of relationships. Right now, I could’ve just cited some papers and said good and meaningful relationships make life really good, that it even adds years to our lifespans, but heck with it. I just can’t think of a life without these relationships.

Who am I? I am nothing if it’s not because of my family, my friends, and the society ..we humans as a whole. I don’t want to stretch it. You all probably are aware, unlike me. But just in case you’re ignoring any relationship, please don’t!!!!  Be the son your family would be proud of, spend time with your friends, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, go hug your bf or gf.

It will be so difficult for me to adapt, as these years of being like who I am has wired my brain. But. I hope one day I’ll be a good son, a good brother, a cool funny uncle, a good friend and a good human being.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The You That Only You Know

From Thoughts to Strength